[News] Review of the Lightweight Hv3 Web Browser

Hv3 and the art of minimalist web-browsing

,----[ Quote ]
| Even if you appreciate full-featured applications like
| OpenOffice.org, Firefox, or GNOME, minimalist replacements
| have a fascination all their own. Not only are minimalist
| applications a throwback to the original traditions of
| Unix-like operating systems, but their emphasis on
| efficiency at the expense of extra features can force you
| to re-evaluate your computing needs. A case in point is
| Hv3, a web browser written in Tcl/Tk. Although currently in
| alpha and paying more attention to developers' needs than
| those of end users, Hv3 is already highly suitable for
| basic web-browsing, with a design philosophy all its own --
| and, quite possibly, the fastest performance of any free
| software browser.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/311823/

Ten open source projects I learned to love in 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| As the last post of the year I wanted to sum up a short
| list of the best open source projects I met in 2008.
| Several from the list were created way before, but only got
| used by yours truly this year.
`----

http://opencomputer.net/2008/12/31/ten-open-source-projects-i-learned-to-love-in-2008/

Related: