[News] Songbird as a Rhythmbox Alternative; Crunchbang as Ubuntu Alternative

Goodbye Rhythmbox, Welcome Songbird!

,----[ Quote ]
| Although I don't like to admit it, I have always liked the
| iTunes media player. I know it hogs so much RAM, and that
| it loves to crash half way through your most loved song -
| but it is so sexy. I wasn't too keen on the idea of
| installing and running it through Wine, as it would only
| use even more RAM then before. I settled for Ryhthmbox in
| the end, even though it didn't really compare at all to
| iTunes. I finally had enough of its uglyness this evening,
| and went on the search to find a better alternative. After
| a bit of Googling,I had found it!
`----

http://jamsubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/12/goodbye-rhythmbox-welcome-songbird.html

Episode 49 #!Crunchbang

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, the Lip is back. I apologize for the long delay. This
| episode I cover the installation of Crunchbang Linux.
| Crunchbang is based on Ubuntu Intrepid and uses Openbox for
| it’s window manager. You also get to hear my wife and I
| sniping at each other as I try to get her to participate in
| the podcast.
`----

http://thelip.net/?p=75

"I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past
with anti-Linux. ... they should do a delicate dance"

                --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

Recent:

CrunchBang Linux 8.04.02 Release Notes

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2008/07/25/crunchbang-linux-8-dot-04-dot-02-release-notes/

CrunchBang Linux 8.04.01 Release Notes

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2008/04/08/crunchbang-linux-8-dot-04-dot-01-release-notes/

Related:

CrunchBang Linux 7.10.02 Release Notes

http://crunchbang.org/archives/2008/02/24/crunchbang-linux-7-dot-10-dot-02-release-notes/

First look: CrunchBang - A faster Ubuntu! - Fast and furious
Ubuntu for geeks!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-look-CrunchBang-A-faster-Ubuntu-77535.shtml