[News] Canadian Copyright Cartel Uses Taxpayer Money to Attack the Public's Rights

  • Subject: [News] Canadian Copyright Cartel Uses Taxpayer Money to Attack the Public's Rights
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:18:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Canadian copyright collecting agency subverting open debate on copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| Access Copyright, the Canadian author's collecting society (a group that
| collects money from libraries for book lending and gives it to authors) is
| using its members' money to sabotage an enormously popular consultation on
| the future of Canadian copyright.
|
| [...]
|
| As a Canadian author, Access Copyright is supposed to represent my interests
| in the Canadian copyright debate. Instead, they are setting out to undermine
| the first glimmer of sanity in Canadian copyright policy in three
| governments -- and using my money to do it. For shame.
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/07/29/canadian-copyright-c-1.html

Recent:

BNN Trying To Silence The Canadian Copyright Debate?

,----[ Quote ]
| Given the above evidence one can only assume that The Business News Network’s
| intended goal is to silence the debate surrounding Canadian copyright reform
| by suppressing the rebroadcast of clips which may be unfavourable for
| industry lobby groups.
`----

http://www.ccer.ca/canadian-copyright-reform/bnn-trying-to-silence-the-canadian-copyright-debate/

Radio-Canada Issues YouTube Takedown Over Harper Communion Video

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/4117/125/