[News] MAFIAA's Revenue is Up, But It is Suing and Whining Nonetheless

UK Music Industry’s Own Economist Says Revenue Up 4.7%!

,----[ Quote ]
| Consumers spent less on recorded music, down 6% since 2007, but concert
| ticket sales have grown by some 13% as the industry as whole slowly evolves
| and adapts to digital distribution.
`----

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/86724/uk-music-economist-says-music-industry-revenue-up-4-7/

RIAA File Sharing Trial Begins — Update

,----[ Quote ]
| The RIAA has issued about 30,000 lawsuits during its nearly 6-year-old
| litigation campaign against file sharers. Most have settled out of court for
| a few thousand dollars. The record labels have said they are ending the
| campaign, and are now working with ISPs in a bid to disconnect repeat music
| file sharers.
`----

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/07/riaa-file-sharing-trial-starting/

Pirate Bay co-founder denies MPAA allegations

,----[ Quote ]
| Also in the filing, the MPAA asserts that Reservella is just a front.
| Reservella is the company based in Seychelles, an island nation northeast of
| Madagascar, that The Pirate Bay founders say owns the site. The studios
| maintain Reservella is controlled by Neij, but Kolmisoppi denied this.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10298254-93.html

Hollywood demands shuttering of Pirate Bay

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/28/hollywood_demands_shuttering_of_pirate_bay_website/

Recent:

Nesson responds to OSC re taping; claims labels seek to 'distract and sap the
energy...of those they oppose'

,----[ Quote ]
| Harvard Law School Professor Charles Nesson today responded to Judge Nancy
| Gertner's Order to Show Cause regarding his practice of taping opposing
| counsel and posting the results to the Internet with a "declaration" denying
| all wrongdoing and accusing the plaintiffs in the Joel Tenenbaum case of
| seeking to "distract and sap the energy, and resources and reputations of
| those they oppose."
`----

http://copyrightsandcampaigns.blogspot.com/2009/07/nesson-responds-to-osc-re-taping-claims.html

Harvard Prof Calls RIAA Lawsuits “Unconstitutional Abuse of Law”

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/86315/harvard-prof-calls-riaa-lawsuits-unconstitutional-abuse-of-law/