Re: [News] Debian Changes Its Release Policy

After takin' a swig o' grog, Rick belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

>>> This is REAL bad news brought about by fanboyz. Not good at all. It is
>>> totally against what Debian is about IMO.
>>
>> Sure is...
>> I wonder who came up with the idea and why?
>
> Debian development, from what I have heard, is fairly open, why don't
> you ask some Debian devs?

   The new freeze policy was proposed and agreed during the Debian Project's
   yearly conference, DebConf, which is currently taking place in Caceres,
   Spain. The idea was well received among the attending project members.

--
Patch griefs with proverbs.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Much Ado About Nothing"