[News] Reviews of Multimedia Players for GNU/Linux: qmmp, Audacious, and Songbird

  • Subject: [News] Reviews of Multimedia Players for GNU/Linux: qmmp, Audacious, and Songbird
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:15:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Music Player Review: qmmp vs audacious

,----[ Quote ]
| So Audacious "wins" cause they have more plug-ins, options, and skins by
| default. Also they have a voice removal pluging (a little bit buggy) but
| quite awesome if you want to get some karaoke going. I will definitely be
| looking for that feature in more music players. (Neither is continuing in my
| review, as they are competiting more with each other, than the others)
`----

http://gquigs.blogspot.com/2009/07/music-player-review-qmmp-vs-audacious.html

Replacing iTunes: a Songbird Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird was first released in 2006 by the creators of Mozilla Firefox,
| Winamp and Netscape Navigator, The Pioneers of the Inevitable. Lets a take a
| look at why Songbird is so highly rated by everyone.
`----

http://osrevolution.com/os-software/replacing-itunes-songbird-review

Recent:

Songbird 1.2 debuts new features

,----[ Quote ]
| Browser and jukebox freeware mashup Songbird brings onstage four new features
| to help manage songs, communicate better with iTunes, customize volume, and
| expose more information from Last.fm.
`----

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-10268331-12.html

Songbird: The Firefox of Music Managers

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird won't completely replace iTunes for many of you -- especially if
| you're a video or podcast junkie, or have an iPhone or iPod touch. But, as a
| pure desktop music manager, Songbird is equal to iTunes in most respects, and
| better in many -- especially if you're into music blogs.
`----

http://www.switched.com/2009/06/18/songbird-the-firefox-of-music-managers/

Songbird 1.2 is here

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird 1.2 focuses on improving library management and provides full
| integration with iTunes, in case you want to live in both worlds. We continue
| to listen to your feedback on Get Satisfaction, our blog and Bugzilla. Please
| let us know what’s important to you.
`----

http://blog.songbirdnest.com/2009/06/18/songbird-12-is-here/

Songbird 1.1 is here