[News] Bunch of New GPLv3 Projects

Kaltura.com Tries To Position As The Open-Source Option In Video-Management

,----[ Quote ]
| This “Community Edition” is a free version under the GNU Affero General
| Public License v3.
`----

http://www.iblnews.com/story.php?id=49331

Calibre 0.6 Adds More E-Book Formats

,----[ Quote ]
| Calibre is under GPLv3 license for Linux, Mac OS and Windows download.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Calibre-0.6-Adds-More-E-Book-Formats

Plex celebrates 100th plug-in

,----[ Quote ]
| The current stable release of Plex is version 0.8.1 released under the GNU
| General Public License (GPL2), apart from the Plex Media Server which is
| currently closed source and connects to the GPL licensed client over the
| network.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Plex-celebrates-100th-plug-in--/news/113852

Recent:

Why the GNU GPL v3 Matters Even More

,----[ Quote ]
| This is important not just because it shows that there's considerable vigour
| in the GNU GPL licence yet, but because version 3 addresses a particularly
| hot area at the moment: software patents. The increasing use of GPL v3, with
| its stronger, more developed response to that threat, is therefore very good
| news indeed.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/07/why-gnu-gpl-v3-matter-even-more.html

GPLv3 hits 50 percent adoption

,----[ Quote ]
| In July 2007, version 3 of the GNU General Public License barely accounted
| for 164 projects. A year later, the number had climbed past 2,000 total
| projects. Today, as announced by Google open-source programs office manager
| Chris DiBona, the number of open-source projects licensed under GPLv3 is at
| least 56,000.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10294452-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

GPLv3/AGPLv3 Adoption: If It Happened Too Fast, I'd Be Worried

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/blog/2008/nov/13/gplv3-agplv3-adoption/