[News] Fedora 12 Looks Exciting, Red Hat Tells Microsoft to Quit the Racketeering

  • Subject: [News] Fedora 12 Looks Exciting, Red Hat Tells Microsoft to Quit the Racketeering
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:23:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Fedora 12 Picks Up Another Batch Of Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Going back to May before the release of Fedora 11, features that were planned
| for Fedora 12 (the release that's codenamed Constantine) began to get laid
| out. Among these features were LVM enhancements, replacing nash/mkinitrd with
| Dracut, and using Empathy as the default instant messaging program. With time
| more features have come about for Fedora 12, such as re-basing the desktop
| environments to KDE 4.3 and GNOME 2.28, updating the kernel, etc. Over the
| weekend though, the Fedora Project Wiki was updated to reflect a whole batch
| of new features that are now planned for Fedora 12. Below are some of these
| new features.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQxNA

Red Hat offers a tip of the fedora to Microsoft … oh really?

http://localtechwire.com/business/local_tech_wire/news/blogpost/5662475/

Recent:

Fedora 12 release name

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora 12 release name is:
|
|   Constantine
|
| The full GPG-signed message from our election coordinator, Nigel Jones, is
| attached.  Thank you to the community for their suggestions, Josh Boyer and
| the Board for their work on additional diligence searches, and Nigel Jones
| for setting up the voting.
`----

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-June/msg00017.html

Fedora 12 to be named Constantine

http://www.h-online.com/open/Fedora-12-to-be-named-Constantine--/news/113630

Try installing F12 Alpha early.

,----[ Quote ]
| According to this posting to the fedora-test-list by Liam, there’s going to
| be some installation testing for the Fedora 12 (Constantine) Alpha candidate
| next week, on Wednesday July 29. This is a chance to shake out some of the
| new features in the Anaconda installation application that have come in over
| the past couple of months. The more testing we can get on the installer
| early, the more bulletproof we can make it for our final release by the time
| code is frozen in the fall.
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2641

Reviewed: Fedora 11