[News] Professor Nesson Stands up Against the MAFIAA

How it feels to be sued for $4.5m

,----[ Quote ]
| Then in summer 2008, I arrived home to find a letter addressed to me. The
| return address said "Harvard Law School". Curiously, I opened and read
| it. "My name is Charles Nesson, professor of Law at Harvard. I caught wind of
| your case," it said. "I can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to call." I
| called. Nesson picked up. I said, "Yes, you can be of assistance!" My mom
| drafted a letter to him, summarising where we were. The opening line
| read, "Dear Professor Godsend".
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2009/jul/27/filesharing-music-industry

Pirate Party's copyright reform cannon could sink copyleft

,----[ Quote ]
| The Swedish Pirate Party's goal of reducing copyright duration to five years
| is facing scrutiny from an unlikely critic. Richard Stallman, founder of the
| Free Software Foundation, fears that reduced copyright terms will undermine
| copyleft licenses.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/07/pirate-partys-copyright-reform-cannon-could-sink-copyleft.ars

Recent:

Nesson responds to OSC re taping; claims labels seek to 'distract and sap the
energy...of those they oppose'

,----[ Quote ]
| Harvard Law School Professor Charles Nesson today responded to Judge Nancy
| Gertner's Order to Show Cause regarding his practice of taping opposing
| counsel and posting the results to the Internet with a "declaration" denying
| all wrongdoing and accusing the plaintiffs in the Joel Tenenbaum case of
| seeking to "distract and sap the energy, and resources and reputations of
| those they oppose."
`----

http://copyrightsandcampaigns.blogspot.com/2009/07/nesson-responds-to-osc-re-taping-claims.html

Harvard Prof Calls RIAA Lawsuits “Unconstitutional Abuse of Law”

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/86315/harvard-prof-calls-riaa-lawsuits-unconstitutional-abuse-of-law/