[News] [Rival] Shortly After Terrible Results Microsoft Successfully Sues the World for Cash

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Shortly After Terrible Results Microsoft Successfully Sues the World for Cash
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 22:47:22 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

“They’ll get sort of addicted, and then we’ll somehow figure out how to collect
sometime in the next decade.”

                        --Bill Gates

Microsoft wins piracy lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| China's Do-It-Yourself personal computer market has proven a chronic headache
| for Microsoft Corp, which is continually battling the use of pirated
| software.
|
| But the US-based software giant won a skirmish this month, when a Beijing
| court ruled against a major custom PC dealer accused of pre-installing
| pirated Microsoft Windows and Office software.
`----

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2009-07/20/content_8449721.htm

Microsoft business model 2.0:

- - Sue 'addicted' people.

- - Racketeering against users and vendors of 'the other OS'.

Related:

[Mark Shuttleworth Interview]

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is asking people to pay them for patents, but they won't
| say which ones. If a guy walks into a shop and says: "It's an
| unsafe neighbourhood, why don't you pay me 20 bucks and I'll make
| sure you're okay," that's illegal. It's racketeering. What Microsoft
| is doing with intellectual property is exactly the same. It's a great
| company and I have great admiration for it, but this was not a
| well considered position.
|
| So you wouldn't do a deal?
|
| No, absolutely not. But the time will come when the folks at
| Microsoft who have a clear vision for the company as a participant
| in this community, rather than as a hostile antagonist, will win.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/nephp/?m=show&id=6672

Court: Microsoft, Best Buy must stand trial for racketeering

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=5059