[News] [Rival] Microsoft Collapses After Worst Results Ever

Today's Outrage: Who Cares About Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| Sorry folks, but Microsoft (MSFT Quote) ain't what it once was. The software
| giant is losing its edge, as we saw with yesterday's  earnings report.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10552230/1/todays-outrage-who-cares-about-microsoft.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEN

Microsoft’s quarter is the pits

http://blogs.siliconvalley.com/gmsv/2009/07/microsofts-quarter-is-the-pits.html

If Microsoft falters, who will step up?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Seattle area has relied heavily on Microsoft to employ a whole generation
| of its smartest citizens — and noncitizens — at good pay. If it ceases
| growing, who is ready to take its place?
`----

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/editorials/2009533642_edit25economy.html

US STOCKS-Wall St falls on Microsoft results

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCAN2446515420090724?rpc=44

Microsoft shares slip on disappointing results

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSN2445033320090724

Microsoft shares drop after results disappoint

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/microsoft-shares-drop-after-results-disappoint-2009-07-23

Microsoft Shares Decline On Disappointing Results

,----[ Quote ]
| Shares of Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) fell as much as 11% Friday, erasing much of
| the company's pre-earnings stock gains, after the software titan reported
| disappointing results for its fourth fiscal quarter because of a sharp
| slowdown in software sales.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20090724-710067.html

Falling profits forced Microsoft's open source hand

,----[ Quote ]
| The monopoly days are dead. But better days may yet come, if Microsoft can
| learn to monetize like its new competitors have.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=4551

Recent:

Microsoft profits down by a third