[News] GNU/Linux @ Dell is Back Cheaper Than Ever ($199 Sub-notebooks)

Dell Mini 9: I'm baaack...

,----[ Quote ]
| But lo and behold, Dell has brought back its itty-bitty Netbook for $199
| until July 27. The price gives you bare necessities: the Ubuntu Linux OS, a
| 4G SSD, a Webcam, and other basic features.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10295333-1.html

Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope Netbook Remix Review

,----[ Quote ]
| But wait! While searching the Ubuntu website, I noticed an advertisement for
| a local distribution known as "Netbook Remix". After delving into the
| details, I found that this OS was DESIGNED, that's right, designed, to be
| used on small laptops (much like my Acer).
`----

http://www.examiner.com/x-18153-Knoxville-Technology-Examiner~y2009m7d24-Ubuntu-Netbook-Remix-ReviewZ

Recent:

Dude I Got a Dell!

,----[ Quote ]
| Mighty impressive effort here on the part of Dell and Canonical.
`----

http://meandubuntu.wordpress.com/2009/07/09/dude-i-got-a-dell/

Quick Guide to Installing Ubuntu on a Mac OSX PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Can Linux co-exist peacefully with Mac OSX? Of course it can, and it's my
| opinion there are some real advantages to having both available on your Mac
| system. So, with this beginner article it is my hope that others will be open
| to trying out the power of Linux on their Mac.
`----

http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/linuxonmac.shtml

Dell is sticking with Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| So, what it all adds up to is that, for now, Dell is standing firmly behind
| desktop Linux. I only wish I could say the same about the other major
| hardware vendors. But, down the road, it looks like everyone may be offering
| Google Chrome OS.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/dell_is_sticking_with_ubuntu

Get a Linux-powered Dell laptop for $299

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-10258138-58.html