[News] [Rival] Vista 7 is Fat and Released Prematurely Due to Pressures

What Windows 7 brings to the table

,----[ Quote ]
| No matter how Microsoft spins it, Windows 7 is not suitable for a netbook.
| It's lighter than Vista was in terms of its impact on system resources, but
| then, what isn't? If you want a cheap netbook with decent performance, you
| want Linux. And, if you want one after Windows 7 starts shipping, you'll want
| to check ones running Moblin or Google Chrome OS.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/windows_7_rtm_works_well

Windows Update owns my machine

,----[ Quote ]
| So thank you, Microsoft. Your "awesome" Windows Update process needs some
| work. Why is System Update not really done installing patches until you shut
| down? This doesn't make sense to me. It should have installed those other
| patches while the system was up, then let them take effect after reboot. I'm
| most shocked that System Update had to "own" my machine when I was trying to
| shut down.
`----

http://linuxinexile.blogspot.com/2009/07/windows-update-owns-my-machine.html

Recent:

Windows 7 netbook performance: can MS make it faster?

,----[ Quote ]
| Why is this? What has Microsoft added to the RC code to slow things down? Why
| does XP still feel so much faster than Windows 7, when earlier Windows 7
| builds screamed along on netbooks in comparison?
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/25218/1105/

Microsoft looking for Moore's Law to save Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/25268/1023/