[News] Launchpad Becomes Free Software

Launchpad is now open source.

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a post I’ve been looking forward to for a long time:
|
| Launchpad is now open source!
|
| We released it today under the GNU Affero General Public license, version 3.
| Note that although we had previously announced that we’d be holding back two
| components (codehosting and soyuz), we changed our minds: they are included —
| all the code is open.
`----

http://blog.launchpad.net/general/launchpad-is-now-open-source

Another one:

Adobe Open Sources 2 Flash Frameworks

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe has announced two new Flash Platform open source initiatives: Open
| Source Media Framework (OSMF) and the Text Layout Framework (TLF). The former
| is part of the project previously known as Strobe.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/07/21/adobe-open-sources-2-flash-frameworks

Recent:

Launchpad OpenSourcing

,----[ Quote ]
| How will it be open sourced ?
|
| Completely, with the exceptions of Soyuz (Ubuntu building service) and
| Codehosting services.
`----

http://www.stefanoforenza.com/launchpad-opensourcing/

Launchpad's License Will Be AGPLv3

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, I asked Karl Fogel, Canonical's newly hired Launchpad Ombudsman,
| if Launchpad will use the AGPLv3. His eyes said “yes” but his words were
| something like: Canonical hasn't announced the license choice yet. I was
| excited to learn this morning from him that Launchpad's license will be
| AGPLv3.
`----

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/blog/2009/jan/15/launchpad-agplv3/

The Roadmap To An Open-Source Launchpad

,----[ Quote ]
| On July 22nd of 2008 we shared that the source-code to Launchpad.net would be
| released by Canonical within the next twelve months. Mark Shuttleworth had
| made this announcement during OSCON 2008.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njk4Ng

Related:

Launchpad 2.0 Radically Improves Collaboration for Open Source Projects

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical Inc. announced today a major new release of Launchpad, including
| features that make collaborative development faster and more flexible and
| allowing users to integrate their standalone project infrastructure with
| Launchpad.

Launchpad Source-Code Within 12 Months

,----[ Quote ]
| To this point though, Launchpad isn't available under a free software license
| aside from its Storm component. However, Mark Shuttleworth has stated this
| afternoon that within the next 12 months they expect to release the
| source-code to Launchpad.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjYwOA

Launchpad: Ubuntu backer seeks open-source collaboration

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Linux backer Canonical has launched a beta version of its Launchpad
| service, part of an effort to make open-source programming methods a better
| match for Microsoft. Launchpad was founded to run the Ubuntu project, but
| it's now open to other projects. Three such projects — Zope, SilvaCMS and
| Jokosher — are hosted there now.
`----

http://www.zeapartners.org/press/en/launchpad007

[Launchpad to Possibly Pick AGPLv3]