[News] Linux Against Poverty Installfest Starts Shortly

Linux Against Poverty Installfest - August 1st

,----[ Quote ]
| What's even better than recycling your old computer? Donate it to a good
| cause!
`----

http://sxsw.com/node/1905

the home desktop, the the work station and the school desktop, oh my!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux home desktop. This is the coveted property that untold numbers go
| home to play video and music on. Create home made birthday cards and print
| their digital photos from.
|
| [...]
|
| So, start the schools using OpenSource software and Linux. The students will
| be trained and proficient on it. Workplaces will buy into it to accommodate
| to meet the capabilities and experience of the incoming generations of
| skilled new workers.
`----

http://linuxgeeksunited.blogspot.com/2009/07/home-desktop-the-work-station-and.html

Recent:

Linux Against Poverty - It is a GO

,----[ Quote ]
| Quoting Helen Keller in a Linux blog may seem strange, but there are many
| parallels between this magnificent woman and Free Software/Linux. We both
| started way behind the competition with handicaps and hindrances that made it
| almost laughable that we would compete.
|
| First they Ignore you
| Then they laugh at you
| Then they fight you
| Then you win...
|
| Of course you can only win if you compete.
|
| Common sense. And not being afraid.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/06/linux-against-poverty-it-is-go.html

Linux Against Poverty: The Update.

,----[ Quote ]
| The date is approaching, and we’re ready to kick Linux Against Poverty into
| high gear.
|
| For our friends in other cities, we’ve made a few changes. The initial Linux
| Against Poverty event will be in Austin only.
`----

http://linuxagainstpoverty.org/2009/06/07/linux-against-poverty-the-update/

Related:

How to Save the Amazon Forest by Sharing

,----[ Quote ]
| Sharing this kind of info (a) costs *nothing* to the governments concerned
| and (b) could give this important project a big boost.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-save-amazon-forest-by-sharing.html

How Linux Can Help Reduce Poverty

,----[ Quote ]