Re: [News] What Would Make Chrome OS (Linux) Excellent

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> [Wild Conjecture] Chrome OS as I imagine it
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Myself, I don?t think I?d use it either, I?m too much in love with my
> | KDE setup right now. But it was just technically stimulating to try to
> | visualize how the PhDs in Google would strategize something like this.
> `----
>
> http://envb.sapphirewillow.com/writings/2009/07
wild-conjecture-chrome-os-as-i-imagine-it/

The best way to get best performance is to split into two division.
One run by Linux techies, and the other run by marketing.
Lets see who takes the prize for best order books/most frequently
used features.

> Recent:
>
> The Android OS comes to the PC
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | GOOGLE'S MOBILE PHONE operating system called Android has come to the PC
> | in a LiveCD version.
> |
> | A couple of blokes have recompiled the OS so it's capable of running on
> | a common x86 platform. This is just in time to see what Android is
> | really like, before Acer, Asus, MSI and others officially release their
> | netbooks with the operating system preloaded on them.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1433412/the-android-os-comes-pc
>

> T-Mobile's Android-powered myTouch 3G due in August
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Designed by HTC, the myTouch 3G will be available for presale to
> | T-Mobile customers on July 8 and will sell for $200 for users who sign a
> | two-year service contract. The phone, which features a 3.2-inch
> | touchscreen, is being released just under a year after T-Mobile launched
> | its first Android-powered smartphone, the HTC G1.
> `----
>
> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2009/06/22
urnidgns852573C400693880002575DD006EF032.DTL

> Android OS for the HTC Touch Diamond and HTC Touch Pro!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | It?s not everyday you see a Windows Mobile smartphone running a
> | Linux-based mobile operating system. But, in the crazy (crazy cool, that
> | is) world of handset hackery, anything is possible.
> `----
>
> http://www.intomobile.com/2009/06/22
android-os-for-the-htc-touch-diamond-and-htc-touch-pro.html