[News] Free Software CMSs Show That Drupal,Joomla, WordPress Skills Pay a Lot

The Open Source Opportunity

,----[ Quote ]
| As you can see, the growth in demand for people skilled in open-source CMS
| platforms, in particular Drupal and Joomla, is huge. Part of the reason these
| particular platforms are ushering in more jobs for tech workers is that many
| publishers are switching to free, open-source content management systems from
| expensive proprietary ones. (In this post over at OStatic, I discussed that
| shift, and how the first major online publication in the UK is now running
| completely on Drupal.)
`----

http://webworkerdaily.com/2009/07/15/the-open-source-opportunity/

More money:

Acquia Gets $8 Million in Second Round Financing

,----[ Quote ]
| According to this report, existing investors Sigma Partners and North Bridge
| Partners participated in the second round financing for Acquia, but not
| O'Reilly Alphatech Ventures, which was one of the first round investors.
| Acquia has a new CEO, Tom Erickson, who joined the company in March.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/acquia-gets-8-million-in-second-round-financing

Recent:

Acquia Search screencast with RedMonk

,----[ Quote ]
| In this screencast, Bryan House from Acquia discusses Acquia Search with
| Michael Coté from RedMonk.
`----

http://buytaert.net/acquia-search-screencast-with-redmonk

Acquia Search available commercially