[News] [Rival] Gates Foundation Shows Once Again That It's an Investment Firm (in Pharma Patents) Disguised as Tax-exempt Charity

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Gates Foundation Shows Once Again That It's an Investment Firm (in Pharma Patents) Disguised as Tax-exempt Charity
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:02:42 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Pharma investments...
Tobacco...
Alcohol....
Petrol...
News/media...

How charitable...

JJB Sports jumps as Bill Gates buys a stake

,----[ Quote ]
| The purchase is not the first by Gates in a small British retailer. In May
| 2008, he took a small stake in Carpetright.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/afx/2009/07/16/afx6661807.html

Of course he's just doing it to saves lives... sure... like with tobacco,
pricing of life (life-saving drugs with US patents), alcohol, toxic
gas-emitting oil extraction...

Recent:

Journal critique on Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation grant pattern

,----[ Quote ]
| New Delhi: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s pattern of funding in the
| form of grants for global health programmes and projects has been criticised
| in a research paper in The Lancet.
|
| The paper, by David McCoy of the Centre for International Health and
| Development, London, and others, is accompanied by a commentary by Robert E.
| Black of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, U.S., and
| others, and an editorial. Dr. M.K. Bhan, Secretary, Department of
| Biotechnology, is a co-author of the commentary in his capacity as a
| scientist of the All-India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
|
| “Although it is driven by the belief that ‘all lives have equal value,’ it
| seems that the Foundation does not believe that every voice has equal value,
| especially voices from those it seeks most to assist,” said the editorial.
| The commentary said very limited direct funding to low-income and
| middle-income countries is “arguably the most unfortunate imbalance in the
| research portfolio of the Foundation.”
|
| [...]
|
| “Gates Foundation is not a passive donor,” observes the paper.
|
| “The Foundation actively engages in policy making and agenda setting
| activities; it has representatives that sit on the governing structures of
| many global health partnerships; it is part of a self-appointed group of
| global health leaders known as the H8 [that includes the WHO, UNICEF, GAVI
| and the World Bank]… and has been involved in setting the health agenda for
| the G8.”
`----

http://www.hindu.com/2009/05/10/stories/2009051055151000.htm

Related:

Dr. Rath rages against Bill Gates and the African Aids Conspiracy

,----[ Quote ]
| Since it is public knowledge that the Gates Foundation has placed strategic
| investments into the pharmaceutical industry, it was only a question of time
| until the question would be answered whether Gates is serious about
| controlling diseases or whether he is just another spin doctor of the
| pharmaceutical “business with disease” who helps to expand and promote
| diseases under the deceptive veil of a “Mother Theresa”.
`----

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/dr-rath-rages-against-bill-gates-and-the-african-aids-conspiracy/

What You Need to Know About the Fraudulent Nature of the Pharmaceutical
Investment Business With Disease

,----[ Quote ]
| Some people may say that the pharmaceutical industry cannot be that bad.
| Unfortunately, it is. Fortunately, however, it is very easy for everyone to
| understand why this industry has such a detrimental effect on millions of
| human lives.
|
| It is not about individual drugs or individual companies. It is about the
| principles – the laws – of the pharmaceutical ‘business with disease’.
`----

http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/open_letters/pharma_laws_history.html

Gates raises stake in dealership AutoNation

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates, who previously reported a 5.5 percent stake in AutoNation, said on
| Friday that his Cascade Investment LLC owned 9.4 million shares in AutoNation
| and that the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Trust holds more than 8.3
| million shares.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN2135804720081121

Spying the Gates Foundation: Diversified Holdings Stay Ahead of Market Weakness

,----[ Quote ]
| The foundation made moves in other sectors during Q3, as well, adding shares
| in Caterpillar and Canadian National Railway, while maintaining
| stakes in energy giants Exxon Mobil and BP.
`----       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://biz.yahoo.com/indie/071126/1004_id.html?.v=1

Gates Foundation’s Influence Criticized

,----[ Quote ]
| The chief of malaria for the World Health Organization has complained that
| the growing dominance of malaria research by the Bill and Melinda Gates
| Foundation risks stifling a diversity of views among scientists and wiping
| out the world health agency’s policy-making function.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/science/16malaria.html?_r=2&hp&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttq0IdULfjg

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlnqnMHQ1c

Gates Foundation reports AIG, Covidien stakes-filing

,----[ Quote ]
| The overall value of the foundation's portfolio increased to $9.12 billion
| from $6.64 billion as of June 30.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKN1423378020071114?rpc=44

Warren Buffett's double standard

,----[ Quote ]
| Warren Buffett climbed back up Capitol Hill Wednesday to urge Congress to ...
| do nothing.
|
| Normally that would be a good thing, but in this case it means that the
| estate tax will return in 2011.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/warren-buffetts-double-standard-taxes/story.aspx?guid=%7B3DC6CF6F%2D8DD4%2D4767%2DAC6B%2D3CBE984A5FD7%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/2lyu4v

Gates sold 100,000 Univision shares-SEC filing

,----[ Quote ]
| The foundation said it sold its remaining stake in Univision,
| which is in the process of being acquired by private investors,
| for an average of $35.34 per share in open market transactions.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsmlreuters.com:20070105:MTFH49951_2007-01-05_22-11-13_N05298823&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/yll88p

Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers

$350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
| those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
| It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
| philanthropy outfit.

Bill Gates fund reports 12.8 pct PlanetOut stake

,----[ Quote ]
| Bill Gates' investment fund Cascade Investment LLC reported in a regulatory
| filing on Friday that its holds a 12.8 percent stake in the common stock of
| online media company PlanetOut Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUKN1331033020070713?rpc=44

More on Troy Wolverton, the Street, and Apple Scandal

,----[ Quote ]
| MediaNews did buy the Mercury News with a loan from Bill Gates' foundation,
| and is in the process of paying back that loan by publishing information
| without much journalistic or technical integrity.
|
| Specifically, I wrote “One might think that the San Jose Mercury News, being
| located in Apple's backyard, would tend to trumpet the company's success. One
| would be wrong... Apple's corporate proximity to San Jose is trumped by the
| Mercury News’ need to publish low cost, highly sensational news to make
| enough money to pay back Bill Gates for the favor of his humanitarian loan.”
`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q3.07/082663E0-6FD8-4F1D-909F-1BC72833AD02.html

Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gatesx07jan07,0,6827615.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Gates Foundation Revokes Pledge to Review Portfolio

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/12/1756212&from=rss

,----[ Quote ]