[News] [Rival] A Look at the Life of a Confirmed Microsoft AstroTurfer

Look At What A Microsoft Evangelist Does For A Living!

,----[ Quote ]
| You see that picture of the comment he made on a FOSS blog? THAT'S HIS JOB!
| That's what a Microsoft Evangelist does. What a Microsoft Evangelist does is
| what the laws in the United States are rapidly starting to call "Cyber
| Harassment."
|
| For pointing this out, for outing this travesty, this dishonesty, this dirty
| business practice, this SPAMMER, Roy Schestowitz of BoycottNovell is under
| attack. And then, for not even sticking up for him, but for using his case as
| a jumping-off point to illustrate how calling Linux advocates "zealots" is
| actually an act of projection on the part of Microsoft, I am under attack.
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?p=566&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

To set the record straight this TE (goon) did not say he worked for Microsoft
until I exposed him. It was sort of undercover.

Recent:

Open Source vs. Proprietary - Who Are The Real Zealots?

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, at last, the point: Boycott Novell has intercepted real, actual, hard
| evidence of asstroturfing by a Microsoft employee. What pisses me off the
| most is that, without the Roy Schestowitzes of this world, if I try to say
| that Microsoft asstroturfs, I get called "paranoid."
|
| Do keep in mind that Microsoft has declared "jihad" against Linux. There is
| the hard evidence. Microsoft hires "evangelists".
|
| But check the rest of Armchair Theorist. If you didn't know, you'd think it
| was a personal blog just like mine, wouldn't you? But it's not! It's a
| soapbox for a corporation. A corporation that hires... "evangelists."
| Definition of "evangelism" courtesy of Wikipedia:
|
|     "Evangelism is the practice of attempting to convert people to a
|     religion. The term is used most often in reference to Christianity and
|     Islam, since those two religions mandate that their followers make
|     efforts to recruit as many people as possible into their faith..."
|
| How many of these "Microsoft evangelists" are there, anyway? To take
| Microsoft's own word for it, we can visit the MSDN page with the
| folksy-sounding title of "Meet Your Local Microsoft Evangelists." With a map
| of the USA. I just clicked on my home-state of Iowa, and counted nine
| profiles. For Iowa. Which isn't exactly saturated with computers to begin
| with. It's that important that the fly-over state of Iowa, home to more hogs
| and cornfields than computers, has nine "evangelists."
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=open_source_vs_proprietary_who_are_the_r&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Related:

Fake bloggers soon to be 'named and shamed'

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article1361968.ece