[News] Bringing Free Software into Large Businesses, List of Free Graphics Resources

  • Subject: [News] Bringing Free Software into Large Businesses, List of Free Graphics Resources
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:11:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

How to Bring Open-Source Software into the Enterprise

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source software has gained growing acceptance in the enterprise. Once
| enterprises put in place the same governance, policy and support processes
| around open-source software as they do with proprietary software, there is no
| limit to how much open-source software they can bring into their
| organization. Here, Knowledge Center contributor Carol J. Rizzo offers five
| tips on how to bring open-source software into your organization in a way
| that maps to your corporate risk factors, making open-source software no more
| or less of a risk than proprietary software.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/How-to-Bring-OpenSource-Software-into-the-Enterprise/

10 Free Resources for Splashy Graphics and Slick Photos

,----[ Quote ]
| A picture is always worth a thousand words. The good news is that in the open
| source world as well as the freeware world, there are many excellent graphics
| and photo management tools, plus free desktop publishers and web design
| templates. Whether you want to produce splashy graphical documents, enhance
| graphics on a blog or web site, create eye-catching logos, or more, check out
| our updated collection of ten free applications and resources here.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/10-free-resources-for-splashy-graphics-and-slick-photos

Recent:

Gameloft Moves 1,000 Desktops to Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/10/03/gameloft-moves-1000-desktops-to-ubuntu-linux/