[News] KDE Offers iTunes Replacement to Palm Pre Users

An open alternative for Palm Pre iTunes users

,----[ Quote ]
| He continued, “We promise not to change our application to prevent users to
| use Amarok with your device. Not only do we care about our users, we are not
| a competitor to you or have any ulterior motives. Amarok is already fully
| supported on all flavors of Linux and we have beta releases on Windows and
| Mac OSX which just need a bit of polishing and stabilization.”
|
| Much as I like iTunes, you have to admit, especially if you’re Palm or any
| other phone or hand-held device maker, that the Amarok offer should be taken
| seriously. After all, you’re in the business of selling full-featured
| devices, not playing software catch-up. Wouldn’t you rather have an open
| platform that would just work for your customers without worries? I know I
| would.
`----

http://practical-tech.com/entertainment/an-open-alternative-for-palm-pre-itunes-users/

Recent:

Apple Does As Many Expected: Kills Palm Pre iTunes Syncing

,----[ Quote ]
| The pettiness of Apple continues... Last month, Apple warned potential buyers
| of the Palm Pre that it might break that phone's ability to sync with iTunes.
| It didn't take long for Apple to follow through. In an upgrade to iTunes,
| which Apple claims was for "bug fix" but also to handle "verification"
| issues, it has blocked the Palm Pre from accessing iTunes.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090715/1401055554.shtml

The Business Of Free

,----[ Quote ]