[News] Google Makes Free Internet Software (Remote Access), So Does Mozilla with Jetpack

  • Subject: [News] Google Makes Free Internet Software (Remote Access), So Does Mozilla with Jetpack
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 04:07:54 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google releases open source NX server

,----[ Quote ]
| Amid the fanfare of last week's Chrome OS announcement, Google quietly
| released an open source NX server, dubbed Neatx, for remote desktop display.
|
| NX technology was developed by NoMachine to handle remote X Window
| connections and make a graphical desktop display usable over the Internet.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/071309-google-releases-open-source-nx.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Mozilla upgrades Jetpack browser booster

,----[ Quote ]
| Jetpack, Mozilla Labs' open source technology for building functional add-ins
| to personalize the Firefox browser, has been fitted with more capabilities in
| an upgrade detailed over the weekend, including enhancements to the SlideBar
| information access capability.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/071309-mozilla-upgrades-jetpack-browser.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Recent:

Google Open Sources Page Speed Performance

,----[ Quote ]
| To make sure Web pages load quickly and perform as expected, Google uses a
| Firefox add-on called Page Speed. It's integrated with Web development
| toolkit Firebug and provides immediate feedback on ways to improve sites that
| are sluggish to load. Google has announced a decision to open source Page
| Speed and share it with the Web-building community.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/google-open-sources-page-speed-performance-tool

Video: Google rolls Wave

,----[ Quote ]