[News] Google's Linux Gains Support from Sybase

Sybase Announces Support for Android

,----[ Quote ]
| Sybase iAnywhere today announced a new version of its iAnywhere® Blue SDK
| (Software Developer Kit) that will help developers and product managers
| incorporate Bluetooth® capabilities into Android devices. With the underlying
| Bluetooth functionality running on a Linux based 2.6.x kernel, the Sybase
| iAnywhere Blue SDK provides necessary application layer support for
| developers to effectively add increased wireless flexibility to the rich
| Android framework.
`----

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1064587

What's Next? A Google Store?

,----[ Quote ]
| When Microsoft first announced their retail strategy back in February I wrote
| a post called Microsoft Retail Strategy Doomed to Fail and I haven't changed
| my view. Today, it became clear that in the face of all common sense they are
| continuing to push forward with this wrong-headed idea.

Sybase Gets Into Cluster Databases

,----[ Quote ]
| ASE Cluster Edition is compatible with systems running Red Hat Enterprise
| Linux 4 and 5 (x86_64); Solaris 9 and 10 on SPARC (64-bit); and SUSE Linux 9
| and 10 (x86_64). Sybase did not release pricing information.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/142611/sybase_gets_into_cluster_databases.html

Sybase set to support clustering in its ASE database

,----[ Quote ]
| ASE 15 Cluster Edition will run on 32- and 64-bit versions of Red Hat Linux
| and SUSE Linux, as well as Sun Microsystem's Sparc-based Solaris systems,
| according to the documents posted online. The database will support up to 32
| server nodes sharing a single storage-area network
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=2032147277&rid=-50

Sybase and Red Hat Announce Plans for Expanded Alliance to Unlock Customer
Value

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070510/sfth037.html?.v=95