[News] Pearly Gates: "We're going to make the cows that don't fart."

Bill Gates offers the world a physics lesson

,----[ Quote ]
| And you've been doing some stuff with Intellectual Ventures. I know every
| time you show up on a patent application that, folks get interested in what
| you're looking at, whether it's stopping hurricanes, or beer kegs, or
| what-have-you.
| Gates: That's right. We're going to make the cows that don't fart. You name
| it, we've got it under control.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10286732-56.html?tag=mncol;txt#addcomm

He works with the largest patent troll. Shame on him.

Recent:

This Could Save Many Lives: Let's Patent It

,----[ Quote ]
| Just one problemette: he's decided to patent the idea, along with his clever
| old chum Nathan Myhrvold.
|
|     The filings were made by Searete LLC, an entity tied to Intellectual
|     Ventures, the Bellevue-based patent and invention house run by Nathan
|     Myhrvold, the former Microsoft chief technology officer. Myhrvold and
|     several others are listed along with Gates as inventors.
|
| After all, can't have people just going out there and saving thousands of
| lives without paying for the privilege, can we?
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/07/this-could-save-many-lives-lets-patent.html

Related:

Bill Gates, top Microsoft executives do some of their inventing on the side

,----[ Quote ]
| Bill Gates and several of Microsoft’s top technologists are credited as
| inventors in eight newly disclosed U.S. patent applications. That isn’t a
| surprise. But here’s where it starts to get unusual: The applications weren’t
| made on Microsoft’s behalf.
|
| [...]
|
| Here's what we know: An entity called Searete LLC applied for the patents.
| Searete is part of Intellectual Ventures LLC, the Bellevue-based invention
|         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| house run by Nathan Myhrvold, Microsoft’s former chief technology officer.
| Myhrvold’s company has stirred controversy with its large patent hoard.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Gates_top_Microsoft_executives_do_some_inventing_on_the_side34192179.html

Top Microsoft Execs Moonlighting For a Patent Bully

,----[ Quote ]
| "TechFlash reports that Microsoft bigwigs like Craig Mundie and Bill Gates
| (when he still worked there) have been secretly moonlighting at Intellectual
| Ventures (IV), the 'patent extortion fund' run by Bill's pal Nathan Myhrvold.
| A Microsoft spokesman confirmed that its technologists have been sitting in
| on IV-sponsored 'innovation sessions,' where their pearls of wisdom were
| captured and turned into patent applications for Searete, an IV shadow
| corporate entity. And if all goes well, Searete will soon enjoy exclusive
| rights to the fruit of the brainstorming, which includes processes ranging
| from determining and rewarding 'influencers' to treating malaria, HIV, TB,
| hepatitis, smallpox, and cancer."
`----

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/11/11/211259

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttq0IdULfjg

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlnqnMHQ1c