[News] [Rival] Novell Infects GNU/Linux with Microsoft Moonlight/Banshee

Banshee UI to be in Moonlight

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes. That’s right. According to the GCDS 2009 presentation notes on the
| Banshee site, we learn lots of nice stuff about Banshee:
|
| “It’s not just an app, it’s a platform”.
|
|     * Long term goal is to write the UI in Moonlight
|           o Declarative UI, canvas, scene graph, and toolkit
|           o Moonlight is an Open Source implementation of Microsoft’s
|           Silverlight technology … and it is awesome
|
| “Banshee is going to do photos”
|
| “We are re-basing the F-Spot core on top of Banshee”
|
| And it ends with GNOME, Mono and Banshee logos.
|
| Moonlight is of course, absolutely toxic unless you get it directly from
| Novell, as the so-called “covenant” specifically prohibits non-Novell
| distributions from distributing Moonlight
`----

http://mono-nono.com/2009/07/14/banshee-ui-to-be-in-moonlight/

Banshee not good enough; Gomer Pyle reacts

,----[ Quote ]
| It seems we are settling on the “best-of-breed” as the ultimate
| justification. This is a good stop if you are on Team Mono, because you can
| call any application the “best-of-breed” so long as you are the one that gets
| to decide what factors make it the “best-of-breed”.
|
| I always chuckle around #4; Team Mono is forever chanting “pragmatism” and
| how “the user doesn’t care about freedom or principles”.  Yet it’s quite
| clear that the overwhelming majority of users do not want Banshee. So, do the
| users matter or not? It seems to me that how much they matter is in direct
| proportion to how much they support you on any specific issue.
`----

http://mono-nono.com/2009/07/14/banshee-not-good-enough-gomer-pyle-reacts/

Recent:

Disinformation Disinfected, pt. 3: Banshee in Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://meandubuntu.wordpress.com/2009/06/10/disinformation-disinfected-pt-3-banshee-in-ubuntu/