[News] Dvorak Slams Microsoft's Over Vista 7

Microsoft: Stop Playing Games with the Customer!

,----[ Quote ]
| The subtractive approach that Microsoft is using generates plenty of ill
| will. Someone buys Windows 7 and expects it to have a feature. But no, you
| got the wrong version. XP-compatibility, for example, does not exist on many
| versions. This would be a crucial thing to have, especially on the cheaper
| versions, since people on a budget are more likely to be running old code. So
| Microsoft has to field support calls about this and people get irked.
|
| The company should pull the plug on this entire scheme ASAP. It was the
| reason Vista failed. It generates ill-will. It generates suspicion. And it's
| stupid. Stop doing it Microsoft!

Microsoft cannot be trusted!

,----[ Quote ]
| How many times has this sort of presumptuous crap rolled out the backdoor of
| Redmond? I’ve used Microsoft software since 1983. And though there are
| additional reasons for my disaffection and departure from the realm – I’ve
| replaced every remaining Microsoft product in my possession with something
| better in recent years – this sort of quasi-criminal behavior stands alone as
| reason enough.
`----

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2009/05/30/microsoft-cannot-be-trusted/

Ballmer Cannes Lions media person of the year 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Sure, the award reflects the great public attention Microsoft received with
| its viral marketing star Ballmer and the Seinfeld-Gates advertisement
| campaign. The Seinfeld-Gates advertisement series used the trick of confusion
| to let customers speak up with their appreciation of the Microsoft products
| and services. What came out of it was the “I’m a PC” campaign which takes on
| the operating system competitor Apple and it seeks to improve brand profile
| by a focus on core messages.
`----

http://arebentisch.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/ballmer-media-person-of-the-year-2009/

Dvorak Likes Linux