[News] Photographer Who 'Stole' Obama's Face Gets Banned

Photographer moves to intervene in Fairey v. Associated Press fair use
litigation

,----[ Quote ]
| In Fairey v. Associated Press, the fair use litigation in which Associated
| Press accuses artist Shepard Fairey of copyright infringement in connection
| with a painting he did based upon a portion of a photograph which appeared in
| the AP, the actual photographer -- Manuel Garcia -- has now moved to
| intervene in the action, claiming that he -- and not the Associated Press --
| is the owner of the copyright in the photograph.
`----

http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2009/07/photographer-moves-to-intervene-in.html

With guilty plea, Shepard Fairey agrees to ban himself in Boston

,----[ Quote ]
| Fairey consented to a plea deal that will prohibit him from carrying
| stickers, posters, wheat paste, brushes, and other tools of the graffiti
| trade while in Suffolk County for the next two years. Under the arrangement,
| Fairey pleaded guilty to three vandalism charges and must pay a $2,000 fine
| to one of his adversaries, Graffiti NABBers for the Neighborhood Association
| of the Back Bay.
`----

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/07/shepard_fairey_1.html

Recent:

Shepard Fairey Case Gets More Complex: Mannie Garcia Claims The Photo Is His,
Not The AP's

,----[ Quote ]
| The Shepard Fairey case continues to get more and more bizarre. You may
| recall that, back in January, someone figured out which photo Shepard Fairey
| had used as the basis of his iconic Barack Obama poster.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090710/0159495506.shtml

MPAA Matches RIAA In Massive Layoffs

,----[ Quote ]