[News] Sony Ericsson Creates New User Interface for Linux Phones

Check Out Sony Ericsson's Android UI

,----[ Quote ]
| Word leaked over the weekend about Sony Ericsson's first Android-powered
| smartphone and it looked like a winner. Well, today we've learned that the
| company will be layering on its own custom user interface on top of the
| Linux-based OS, and it also looks pretty good.
|
| To recap, the smartphone is code-named "Rachael" and it is expected to be the
| next generation in the company's Xperia line. Reports say it will run on
| Qualcomm's zippy 1 GHz Snapdragon processor, and it will have 3D graphics, a
| whopping 8-megapixel camera, and it will be capable of 7.2 Mbps downlink
| speeds.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/07/check_out_sony.html;jsessionid=QLM5UW41YM2F4QSNDLPSKHSCJUNN2JVN

Recent:

Sony Ericsson Using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| Sony Ericsson's first Drupal web site was officially launched yesterday at
| the JavaOne conference. The site, called Sony Ericsson Labs, is a community
| website to shares application concepts with everyone who is interested in
| mobile applications and where new ideas can begin to take shape.
`----

http://buytaert.net/sony-ericsson-using-drupal

Sony Ericsson Inches Closer To Android Phone

,----[ Quote ]
| Ever since Sony Ericsson joined the Open Handset Alliance, Android fans have
| been wondering when the company would release a smartphone with the
| Google-backed operating system. An executive gave some more details Friday
| indicating fans may not have to wait too much longer.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/smartphones/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=217600670&subSection=Operating+Systems

Sony Ericsson to make Android phone

,----[ Quote ]
| Rikko Sakaguchi, Corporate VP at Sony Ericsson, said it’s the company’s aim
| to “develop a handset based on the Android platform”, according to his OHA
| membership statement.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/12/10/sony_ericsson_android_conf/

Related:

(Video) Ubuntu Linux Running On Sony Ericsson P990i

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/video-ubuntu-linux-running-on-sony-ericsson-p990i