[News] Interview with Smplayer Developer

An interview with RVM, developer of Smplayer

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week I did a review of the excellent media player for Linux and Windows
| Smplayer. This week the developer behind this great Mplayer front-end granted
| me an email interview:
|
| TNM: Where did the idea of creating Smplayer come from?
|
| RVM: I'm a linux user and I have always used mplayer to play videos, and I
| was very happy with it. But sometimes, when I had to use Windows I also
| wanted to use mplayer, but using a command line application on Windows is
| really hard. Also some people asked me to recommend them a video player for
| their Windows machines and I would have liked to recommend mplayer but the
| front-ends available at that moment were very simple (for example I missed
| options to configure the subtitles). It was a little disappointing.
|
| So it was then when I started to think about the possibility to develop my
| own front-end.
`----

http://www.tech-no-media.com/2009/07/interview-with-rvm-developper-of.html

Getting things done with Linux to-do list programs

,----[ Quote ]
| To-do list programs can help you stay organized and boost productivity. Ars
| looks at GTG, KOrganizer, and other task management tools for the Linux
| desktop.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/07/getting-things-done-with-linux-todo-list-programs.ars

Recent:

Dragon and SMPlayer

,----[ Quote ]
| Kaffeine was the most used Video Player on KDE 3, however, for KDE 4.x it's
| in a pretty early stage, but fear not, the SMPlayer (which is technically a
| Qt application, not a KDE one) and Dragon Player came to fill this hole.
|
| Why I review two applications that do basely the same? Because Dragon Player
| is deadly simple, and SMPlayer, while being less simplified, has an amazing
| feature package.
`----

http://introducingkde4.blogspot.com/2009/01/dragon-and-smplayer.html

SMPlayer: A high quality wrapper

,----[ Quote ]
| Loosely speaking, in software terms, a wrapper is something that provides an
| alternate interface to another object. SMPlayer is an advanced multimedia
| player wrapped around MPlayer that provides a friendlier and more powerful
| front end to the underlying application. SMPlayer can play practically
| anything -- you can watch DVDs and VCDs, stream videos from a URL, or play
| audio CDs or MP3s.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/146958

SMPlayer Review - One of the Most Powerful Video Players for Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/06/smplayer-review-one-of-most-powerful.html