[News] Unigine to Bring Game to GNU/Linux, Microsoft-funded IDC Lies to Discourage Porting

  • Subject: [News] Unigine to Bring Game to GNU/Linux, Microsoft-funded IDC Lies to Discourage Porting
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 23:02:24 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Unigine Game Engine Continues To Advance

,----[ Quote ]
| As we have shared earlier, the company behind Unigine is working on a new
| game that will run on Linux, which is not too surprising when considering the
| fact that the company is very Linux friendly.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzM3MA

An Interview With A Linux Game Porter

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm hoping the story with Caster will help quite a bit, even if it's only
| Indie studios I'm working with for a while yet. There IS a market there and
| it's underserved. Each win like World of Goo and Caster helps sell the story
| to other studios and to the mainline publishers. And it's a story that it
| doesn't have to be the way you see it and there's a seriously underserved
| market that's more than willing to pay you money for your product. If they
| see there's a market and it may well pay them the extra expenses, you'll see
| more stuff happening.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_gaming_frank&num=1

Recent:

Linux Games: Torus Trooper

,----[ Quote ]
| I am a child of the 80s (born in 1967), so I remember well the likes of
| Tempest, Zaxon, Galaga, Zap, Centipede, and many more games that stole my
| quarters over the years. These games helped to define my generation as the
| first to stare, glassy-eyed at a screen in hopes of having their name on the
| high score display. I never did. It was one of the big disappointments of my
| youth.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/06/21/linux-games-torus-trooper/

25 awesome Cross-platform games you can download for free

,----[ Quote ]
| I'd certainly never want that to happen to any of our DownloadSquad readers,
| so here's a list of games that you can install on Windows, Mac, and Linux
| (and some even on BeOS and BSD). Enjoy!
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/06/20/free-open-source-cross-platform-games/

Linux Gaming at Linuxtag 2009