[News] Complaints About GNU/Linux Usually Misguided

Seven complaints about Linux and why Windows users make them

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has a long history of making contracts with hardware developers
| that say that they cannot write drivers for non-Windows operating systems or
| even disclose the methodologies of the hardware to non-Microsoft developers
| in exchange for promotion deals. This effectively prevents drivers for Linux
| from being made.
`----

http://linuxphilia.blogspot.com/2009/07/seven-complaints-about-linux-and-why.html

Are proprietary programs specifically reducing function for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| By cross platform programs I mean programs which are meant to be run on both
| windows and Linux operating systems. Programs like openoffice, firefox,
| thunderbird, java, flash, vmware, hardware drivers and many others. These
| programs are supposed to be able to run on more than one operating system and
| work in the same manner.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/are-proprietary-programs-specifically-reducing-function-for-linux-32792

Recent: