Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Drone SCO Gets Sued

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Drone SCO Gets Sued
  • From: Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:01:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Darl, Norris, Bryan Cave Named as Defendants in IP Litigation - The
> Pelican Brief
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Well, my dreams are coming true. This is better than eagles. A new
> | lawsuit with Darl McBride, Stephen Norris and Bryan Cave all named
> | as defendants  by Pelican Equity.  The accusation? Theft  of trade
> | secrets.
> |
> | No. Wait.  Wait. Wait.  It gets better.  They are also  accused of
> | violating  the Computer  Fraud  and  Abuse Act.  There  is a  God!
> | [passes out from joy]
> `----
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=2009070123514867

This story demands greater exposure,  since it reveals the full extent
of  SCO's (and their  partners') depraved  and thuggish  mentality, so
please quote the full Groklaw article, for the benefit of non-members.

Here's an analysis:

'A disturbing taste of the "Digital Wild West"'

[quote]
Dodgy dealings happen  all the time but it's not often  you get to see
it boiling over  into the public arena  as we have today. I  saw in my
newsfeed this  morning that  GrokLaw had picked  up on  (Darl, Norris,
Bryan Cave Named as Defendants in IP Litigation - The Pelican Brief) a
Courthouse News article (Ex-Partner Accused of AIP Trade Secret Theft)
about a recently filed complaint  by Pelican Equity, LLC against Talos
Partners,  Darl McBride  (of SCO  Group fame),  Robert V.  Brazell (of
Overstock.com fame), Stephen L.  Norris, Rama Ramachandran and lawfirm
Bryan Cave LLP.

It claims a conspiracy to "steal AIP's proprietary stock loan product"
(EQUITAP™, [which]  helps investors  achieve their financial  goals by
structuring non-recourse loans using the securities in their portfolio
as collateral) and  "virtually API's entire business from  API and its
founder, Mark Robbins" (Pelican claim  to own the relevant rights). It
then goes  on to explain the  whole sorry story of  a techie (Robbins)
investing four years and apparently  all of his money into development
of  a product,  being approached  by seasoned  businessmen  (Brazell &
McBride)  as potential  partners, the  subsequent formation  of  a new
business  (Talos)  and theft  of  everything  from  AIP's products  to
website to employees (Ramachandran) with the help of AIP's own lawyers
(Bryan Cave LLP) who ultimately blew the whistle with an "astonishing"
conflict of interest waiver.

The truly  mindblowing part of the  whole story though  is the Skyline
Cowboy site they  claim is run by McBride and  Brazell: "Finally, in a
heinous effort to obliterate AIP's business and deflect their misdeeds
[they] have over approximately the  last 60 days littered the Internet
with scurrilous postings on www.skylinecowboy.com, a website they used
primarily for  that purpose, and  on Yahoo, Twitter and  other message
boards."

If that's  true it's like coming back  to stab the guy  in the carpark
after  you've robbed him  of everything  he owns.  Not only  have they
posted a  video of the  guy's wife being  served what they claim  is a
$109,627 check fraud  judgment following a $1,000 bounty  as well as a
$20,000 reward for arrest and $1,000,000 reward for "full restitution"
(save that both  appear to be impossible - and likely  a result of the
claimed highway robbery), but now they've offered $30,000 for the true
identity of  GrokLaw's Pamela Jones (PJ)  who they claim  is a "Secret
IBM Shill Blogger". Let's not  be too quick to forget the relationship
to SCO  Group and  their apparently Microsoft  funded attacks  on IBM,
Novell and Linux in general.

Anyway you can  see the juicy details for yourself  in the filings and
if you're a GrokLaw member, the article and associated discussion (the
article has since  been updated "Now that I've read  it, I've made the
article  Members Only  for now."  and unfortunately  "creation  of new
accounts has been temporarily disabled"). I have but one question: Who
the %!#$ do  these cowboys think they are? It's  amazing to think that
our society routinely jails people for petty theft while leaving [what
appear  to be]  career conmen  free  to enrich  themselves at  others'
expense. Anyway  at least Bernie Madoff got  his comeuppance... you've
heard my opinion - what's yours?
[/quote]

http://samj.net/2009/07/disturbing-taste-of-digital-wild-west.html
http://ew-in-f132.google.com/search?q=cache:lamhhkTdHQsJ:samj.net/2009/07/disturbing-taste-of-digital-wild-west.html+Finally,+in+a+heinous+effort+to+obliterate+AIP's+business+and+deflect+their+misdeeds&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&lr=lang_en

And lest  we forget Microsoft's  involvement with criminal  thugs like
McBride:

[quote]
On  the same  day  that CA  blasted  SCO Open  Source evangelist  Eric
Raymond revealed  a leaked email from SCO’s  strategic consultant Mike
Anderer  to  their  management.    The  email  details  how,  surprise
surprise,  Microsoft has  arranged virtually  all of  SCO’s financing,
hiding behind intermediaries like Baystar Capital.
[quote]

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/34767

Microsoft  is   the  criminal   organisation  that  Miguel   de  Icaza
evangelises for. I wonder if,  like his gangster heroes in Redmond, he
also  supports SCO's  agenda? Or  is that  one of  those uncomfortable
"black and white" things he doesn't like to talk about?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 17:00:43 up 44 days, 20:58,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00