Re: [News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Executive Jumps Ship, Joining Many Others

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Another exec leaves Microsoft's internal startup business group
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The Startup Business Accelerator, under chief research and strategy
> | officer Craig Mundie, was among the groups hit hard by the company's
> | latest round of cuts. The MSN Direct and .Net Micro Framework teams,
> | other parts of the startup group, were also affected by those cuts.

The .Net clap trap is floundering. So MONO can now be removed from
all the major distros.

This is (a non exaustive) list of what canonical has been suckered into
paying for developers so far to be written for micoshaft's mono to get it
inside ubuntu:

libmono
libmono1.0-cil
libmono2.0-cil
libmono-accessibity1.0-cil
libmono-accessibity2.0-cil
libmono-addins0.2-cil
libmono-addins-gui0.2-cli
libmono-cairo1.0-cil
libmono-corlib1.0-cil
libmono-corlib2.0-cil
libmono-data-tds1.0-cil
libmono-data-tds2.0-cil
libmono-dev
libmono-mozilla0.1-cil
libmono-peapi1.0-cil
libmono-peapi2.0-cil
libmono-security1.0-cil    Sheesh! Give me break!
libmono-security2.0-cil    Sheesh! Give me break!
libmono-sharpzip0.84-cil
libmono-sharpzip2.84-cil
libmono-sqllite2.0-cil
libmono-system1.0-cil
libmono-system-data1.0-cil
libmono-system-data2.0-cil
libmono-system-runtime1.0-cil
libmono-system-runtime2.0-cil
libmono-system-web1.0-cil
libmono-system-web2.0-cil
libmono-winforms1.0-cil
libmono-winforms2.0-cil
mono-1.0-devel
mono-2.0-devel
mono-common
mono-debug     Yeah right!
monodoc
monodoc-base
monodoc-browser
monodoc-manual
mono-gac
mono-gmcs
mono-jay
mono-jit
mono-jit-dbg
mono-mcs
mono-runtime            The first thing to be targetted by a micoshaft lawsuit
mono-utils

In my mind, canonical has been suckered into paying for building a mono
infrastructure and mono code at great expense instead of faster C and C++
programs useable by the wider developer community. This is the purpose of
mono! And it seems to be draining a lot of money out of canonical
successfully!

> http://www.techflash.com/microsoft
Another_exec_leaves_Microsoft_Startup_Business_Accelerator_49703067.html

> Recent:
>
> Veteran Windows exec leaving Microsoft after long transition
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Jawad Khaki, a longtime Microsoft executive who was an early member of
> | the Windows NT development team, is leaving the company at the end of
> | the month.
> `----
>
> http://www.techflash.com/microsoft
Veteran_Windows_exec_leaving_Microsoft_after_long_transition_49108121.html

> Microsoft Bing exec jumps to eBay
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Just as Microsoft Corp. is becoming a popular destination for former
> | Yahoo search engineers and executives, eBay appears to be popular for
> | ex-Microsofties.
> `----
>
> http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2009/06/22/daily68.html
>

> Microsoft RP bares leadership transition
>
> http://www.philstar.com
Article.aspx?articleId=473193&publicationSubCategoryId=71