[News] Company Created by ex-Microsoft Employee Uses 'Secret' Numbers to Vilify GPL

  • Subject: [News] Company Created by ex-Microsoft Employee Uses 'Secret' Numbers to Vilify GPL
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:08:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

SFLC challenges Black Duck to open source code

,----[ Quote ]
| A recent report from Black Duck Software suggests there has been a five per
| cent decline in the use of GPL licences since 2008. The Software Freedom Law
| Center's Aaron Williamson has called the figure "meaningless" pointing out
| that the methodology and mechanisms behind Black Duck's statistics are not
| available for scrutiny.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/SFLC-challenges-Black-Duck-to-open-source-code--/news/113734

Sounds like another Net Applications-type thing. They also have Microsoft as a
partner and they insist Microsoft is now part of open source.

Related:

Palamida: Rival snitched open-source database

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9803799-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20