Re: You can advocate Linux without looking like a lunatic

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Good article on how to advocate Linux without coming across as a lunatic:

Old stuff, old hat.

>> <http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/How-to-Advocate-for-Linux-Without-Coming-Across-as-a-Lunatic-67546.html?wlc=1247193160&wlc=1247257272>
>
> Of course, Schestowitz already has an article up at BN complaining about
> how LinuxInsider is attacking the character of Linux by associating
> Linux with lunatics, and insinuating that Microsoft is behind
> LinuxInsider.

Link?  It ain't on the front page.

A search there for "all:LinuxInsider" turns up empty:

http://boycottnovell.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=all%3ALinuxInsider&ns0=1&fulltext=Search

   No page text matches

   Note: Only some namespaces are searched by default. Try prefixing your
   query with all: to search all content (including talk pages, templates,
   etc), or use the desired namespace as prefix.

> Roy claims it is just a stereotype that some advocates are
> lunatics.

Indeed, that would be correct.  There are lunatics in all groups; "linux
advocates" is no exception.

Or should we take your claim about Roy's claim as a piece of sophistry?

> Ironically, in the *SAME* article, he complains about how Mark Fink (who
> Roy once offered to let edit part of BN) and others are too zealous and
> make BN look bad.

Are you shilling for BoycottNovell, Tim?

Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered going to that site.

Roy, toss Timmy a doggie drop.

--
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.