[News] Encounters with Richard Stallman and KnowledgeTree's Chalef

I Met Richard Stallman

,----[ Quote ]
| My brother explained the concept of Free Software to a bunch of his
| Mac-fanatic friends. My mom explained it to one of her friends as well.
| Overall, the speech had a very positive impact on my family. I am sure each
| person that listened to the speech walked out with a different attitude on
| software. Anyone from Chile, Paraguay, or Uruguay should make sure to attend
| Stallman’s upcoming speeches there. For everyone else, watch/listen to a
| recorded speech of his, or watch Stephen Fry’s “Happy Birthday to GNU” video.
|
| It’s a GNU day. What will you do to spread the word?
`----

http://watchingthewatchers.org/indepth/24119/i-met-richard-stallman

Interview with Daniel Chalef of KnowledgeTree

,----[ Quote ]
| I realise that the community tends not to compete… but I still have to ask:
| what if it does? How would you react if somebody starts providing the
| features you charge for, and releases them under the GPL?
|
| We would be inclined to further differentiate the commercial product by
| adding features and/or support options. We might learn from how the community
| implements the functionality (which might take a different approach to the
| original) and customers and community get a better product.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/interview_daniel_chalef_knowledgetree

Recent:

KnowledgeTree Updates Open Source ECM, Adds Key Enterprise Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source solutions seem to be in high demand in this down economy. So what
| do open source enterprise content management providers do to meet this
| demand? They add new features and functionality of course. At least that is
| what KnowledgeTree (news, site) has done.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/enterprise-cms/knowledgetree-updates-open-source-ecm-adds-key-enterprise-features-004797.php

Related:

KnowledgeTree business model hits many a niche

,----[ Quote ]
| The KnowledgeTree Community Edition, licensed under the GNU GPLv3, is
| available as a free download.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/133152

KnowledgeTree co-founders explain their commercial open source business
strategy (video)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/132706