[News] Interview with Copyrights Reform Advocate

Q&A: Charles Nesson

,----[ Quote ]
| Q: What does that mean for the record companies?
|
| A: I believe the recording companies have great skills to offer artists, and
| there may need to be some reshuffling in the way those skills are passed
| around and the ways in which revenue is returned.
|
| Q: You want to webcast the proceedings. Why?
|
| A: We see ourselves as representing the public interest. And what a fantastic
| opportunity, to tune in on a case being litigated by all this high-powered
| talent.
`----

http://www.law.com/jsp/iplawandbusiness/PubArticleIPLB.jsp?id=1202431215523

The gullible politicians still in the pockets on monopolies.

UK anti-filesharing law proposed for 2009/2010

,----[ Quote ]
| The UK government has put an anti-filesharing law on its legislative
| programme commencing this autumn. The law is based on the Digital Britain
| report, which includes proposals to make the regulator, Ofcom, oversee
| protocol and website blocking. Will it contravene the Telecoms Package and
| how should it be seen in light of the French Conseil Constitutionel decision?
`----

http://www.iptegrity.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=369&Itemid=9

Recent:

Unravelling the Canadian Copyright Policy Laundering Strategy

,----[ Quote ]
| The Conference Board of Canada plagiarism and undue influence story - which
| with the Board's report and overdue apology to Curtis Cook will now go on
| hiatus until new reports are issued in the fall - has obviously attracted
| considerable interest.  Looking back, while plagiarism is rare, it is the
| public airing of the copyright lobby policy laundering effort that is the far
| more important development.
`----

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/4079/125/

http://www.stallman.org/archives/2009-mar-jun.html#28%20June%202009%20%28Copyright%20lobby%27s%20propaganda%20machine%20exposed%29

"The copyright lobby's propaganda machine exposed: it creates and funds
multiple organizations that cite exaggerated claims from each others' reports.

"Exaggerated claims are one part of their system. Propaganda terms, such as
calling copying "piracy" and "counterfeiting", and calling
copyright "intellectual property", are another part. To repeat those terms
without denouncing them as invalid gives the copyright lobby support."