[News] MySQL Stresses Cycles, ICANN Embraces Free Software, and More

The New MySQL Server Release Model

,----[ Quote ]
| When I joined MySQL back in June of 2005, one of the first “MySQL Truths” I
| learned and repeated often when discussing MySQL with others was “release
| early, release often.” If you’ve been using MySQL for any length of time, you
| know what that statement means – it meant that MySQL was: (1) dedicated to
| getting new features and enhancements into the hands of its community so the
| software’s quality could be validated; (2) eager to take early feedback on
| those features so the input could rapidly be incorporated back into the
| product allowing everyone to benefit; (3) committed to very frequent releases
| of the software so helpful new features and/or external contributions that
| were ready for action could quickly be put into play and not sit idle on the
| shelf. And if you’ve been around Open Source for a while now, you know this
| is the spirit in which most providers of Open Source software operate.
`----

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-release-model.html

ICANN CEO Affirms Free, Open Internet

,----[ Quote ]
| Beckstrom said he has faith the Internet, which has shown resiliency as an
| open source of information. "The importance of the Internet as a free-flowing
| source of information is being underscored right now by the events in Iran,"
| said Beckstrom in a statement after being named to the psotion. "It shows the
| power of human expression through a free and open Net."
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/218101932;jsessionid=JTHVTWUWC01JCQSNDLOSKHSCJUNN2JVN

2009 Blender F1 Challenge Results

,----[ Quote ]
| Hello all. The 2009 Blender F1 Challenge has concluded and the results are
| in…
|
| ZORDAN defends his Title as the Blender F1 Champion!
`----

http://www.blendernation.com/2009/06/28/2009-blender-f1-challenge-results/

Daytop Enhances Client Intake Program and Ensures HIPAA Compliance With Open
Source ProcessMaker

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://au.sys-con.com/node/1019038/print