[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Still Very Popular, Works for Users

Ubuntu: Still Popular?

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears that Ubuntu is still the most popular Linux distribution.
| According to some stats, it’s more popular now than ever.
`----

http://www.starryhope.com/articles/2009/ubuntu-still-popular/

One Month With Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| That was it for my first month ever with Ubuntu only. Did it work? Yes. Did
| it make a difference? a little. Operating systems are interchangeable
| nowadays, there are equivalent applications on any of them and the choice
| boils down to user preference (i.e. Usability with a capital U) and the
| limited availability of a few killer apps (which again are defined by the
| users and what they want to accomplish). And what count most for a user on
| the road is battery life, and after years of average 2-3 hours (with the
| occasional outlayer) there finally is some good news for the mainstream on
| that front.
`----

http://panospace.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/one-month-with-ubuntu/

Recent:

Proposed Backgrounds for Ubuntu Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier I wrote about Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala planning to offer a greater
| and more diverse set of wallpapers. Now that a little more time has passed,
| here are some of the most promising wallpapers for Ubuntu 9.10...
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2009/06/26/proposed-backgrounds-for-ubuntu-karmic-koala/

Will Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Stand Up Against Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| On paper Ubuntu Karmic koala 9.10 is the more efficient than Windows 7, but
| most will tend to use Windows 7 due to its glam quotient and marketing
| strategy.
`----

http://how2ubun2.blogspot.com/2009/06/will-ubuntu-910-karmic-koala-stand-up.html

Ubuntu Karmic - 9.10 to drop the 'i386-server' Kernel.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://moderngeek.com/Ubuntu_Karmic_drops_i386-server