Re: Roy Schestowitz Claims Tim Smith is Stalking Him...

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> In article <h2b1jf$d4c$01$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>  Peter K�hlmann <peter-koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Where they as confused as the Wine developers who called it "Wine is
>>> not an emulator"?
>>
>> Those were the same Wine developers, and they continued to call it an
>> emulator long after the "wine is not an emulator" thing was introduced.
>> The "wine is not an emulator" thing was to prevent user confusion with
>> hardware emulators.
>>

> /Sarcasm on
>
> Naturally.
>
> /Sarcasm off
>
> I guess Wine being called a "emulator" (which it isn't) is simply normal
> lazyness with proper definitions.
>
> If you call wine a "emulator", then practically every API including Glibc
> is an "emulator".
> Wine is just a little more in the grey zone because it also has to provide
> the more idiotic stuff MS has used since MSDOS days, as drive-letters and
> similar lunatic bullshit.
> Those primitive substitutes for a real, sane addressing of the hardware
> naturally have to be substituted as linux has no idea of such crap

Is this why the Linux kernel is made from corn?

Is it a good idea to use a putter if my driver isn't working?

If my processor is slow, should I put less food into it?

What sort of fuel efficiency rating does /usr/bin/gas provide?

Can I run my computer off of ethanol instead of /usr/bin/gas, or is that a
circular problem, because ethanol is made from corn?

Next week on the Linux Inquirer: Discovering the ambiguity of the word
ambiguity.  Charlie Boffins, and Chipzilla will perform life on stage!
Linus Torvalds will announce the renaming of the Linux Inquirer to the Linux
Inquisition [insert clip about Linus saying "No one expects the Linux
Inquisition!"]

-George