[News] Microsoft Poison Pushed by Novell into GNU/Linux

GNOME 3.0 may have more Mono apps

,----[ Quote ]
| The next major version of the GNOME desktop environment, version 3.0, may
| contain more than the one Mono-dependent application than it currently does,
| according to GNOME Foundation member Dave Neary.
|
| [...]
|
| Red Hat's community Linux distribution, Fedora, recently decided to throw out
| Mono altogether from its default install, and replaced Tomboy with Gnote, a
| recently created port of Tomboy.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/25967/1231/

"I'd like to see Gnome applications written in .NET in version 4.0 - no,
version 3.0. But Gnome 4.0 should be based on .NET,"

Gnome to be based on .NET – de Icaza
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/02/01/gnome_to_be_based/

Recent:

Why free software shouldn't depend on Mono or C#

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono