[News] Firefox May Soon Reach Linux-based Phones

Google move paves way for Firefox on Android

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's move to let software run natively on Android devices opens the door
| for a version of Firefox that can run on the operating system.
|
| At present, Android applications are written in Java and run on Google's
| Dalvik Java virtual machine. Last week, though, Google announced the Android
| Native Development Kit version 1.0 that lets software run natively on the
| Linux layer below, though the company sees it as a way not to run
| full-fledged applications as much as to run components of ordinary Android
| applications.
|
| "Android applications run in the Dalvik virtual machine. The NDK allows
| developers to implement parts of these applications using native-code
| languages such as C and C++," said Google's David Turner in a Native
| Developer Kit blog post.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10274682-2.html

Recent:

Short Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 new feature list

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a new feature to the source "Syntax Highlighting" when you "View
| Page Source", it now let's you navigate through any file in the source by
| clicking on them like links. A good feature here would be to add the support
| to have tabs in the source window.
`----

http://www.inatux.com/articles3.php

Mozilla solicits user feedback with Test Pilot

,----[ Quote ]
| More critically, much of the best input to any product, open- or
| closed-source, would come from average users who provide usability and other
| input, but this is precisely the sort of person that has no idea how to write
| software, despite being the likely day-to-day customers of software.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10146821-16.html?tag=mncol;title

Fennec, Mozilla's Mobile Browser, Marches On

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/fennec-mozillas-mobile-browser-marches-on