Re: Roy Schestowitz Claims Tim Smith is Stalking Him...

After takin' a swig o' grog, Peter Köhlmann belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Hadron wrote:
>
> < snip >
>
>> We did all this before. The "Wine is not en emulator" is bandied about
>> by guys who think an "emulator" is a HW only thing. WINE is and was an
>> emulator. It emulates the Win32 API since all the had to go on was (a)
>> some dissassembly and (b) the API itself.
>>
> If Wine is an "emulator", than so is Glibc. Or the (pisspoor) posix
> subsystem in windows.
>
> Wine is simply another API. It provides the windows API inside linux.
> For that it does not need to "emulate" very much.

Sounds like a "reimplementation", not an "emulator", to me.

An emulator is what Niklaus Wirth wrote for the Data General Eclipse, as
described in Tracy Kidder's "Soul of a New Machine".

Ahh, the dangers of recruiting an English word into a technical specialty!

--
You will have good luck and overcome many hardships.