[News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Outlook to Break Interoperability, Snubs Protesters

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Outlook to Break Interoperability, Snubs Protesters
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:12:15 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft, Outlook Is Broken, Says 6,000 Tweets (And Growing). Fix It.

,----[ Quote ]
| While it is pretty much the standard email client, Microsoft Outlook has long
| had problems rendering HTML correctly in emails. And the latest version,
| Outlook 2010, due sometime in the next several months, doesn’t look like it’s
| going to be any better — and it actually may be worse. And a lot of users
| aren’t happy about it at all.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/24/microsoft-outlook-is-broken-says-6000-tweets-and-growing-fix-it/

Microsoft misses the Outlook point

,----[ Quote ]
| Continuing a decision made in 2007 to render HTML with Word in Outlook,
| Microsoft confirmed that Outlook 2010 will also use Word. In response to this
| decision, the fixoutlook.org campaign was created in an attempt to change
| Microsoft's mind.
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/blogs/betaliving/viewblogpost.htm?p=339271172

Microsoft rebuffs Twitter protest over Outlook's rendering of HTML e-mails

,----[ Quote ]
| Showing again the power of Twitter for quick social organizing, Microsoft
| Corp. on Wednesday was forced to defend itself against complaints that its
| market-leading Outlook e-mail program wreaks havoc on rich-HTML e-mails.
|
| Outlook 2007 and the upcoming Outlook 2010's use of Microsoft Word to display
| rich HTML content is to blame, according to blog posts by Dave Greiner, the
| Sydney, Australia-based organizer of the protest.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/idgSmallBusiness/idUS50590767720090625

Microsoft shows once again how it doesn’t listen

,----[ Quote ]
| There’s been a lot buzz on Twitter about a movement to try and get Microsoft
| to backtrack on its decision to use the Word rendering engine for HTML based
| email in Outlook. So far some 22,000 plus Twitterers have heeded the call and
| visited fixoutlook.org to register their vote on this.
`----

http://www.inquisitr.com/27397/microsoft-shows-once-again-how-it-doesnt-listen/

    Plaintiff’s Exhibit 6508
    Comes V. Microsoft