[News] CentOS at LinuxTag, Other Viable Distributions of GNU/Linux

My Run In with CentOS at LinuxTag

,----[ Quote ]
| For HAR, we're planning on starting an Event Box for EMEA and debuting it
| there. Hopefully if we get our hands on a projector and screen, we can do a
| combination of a Fedora/CentOS/FreeJ barcamp as well as VJing and running
| demos at night. If you want to participate in the process of putting together
| the Event Box, we'll be having a session at FUDCon on Saturday or Sunday to
| coordinate planning and hammer out a few details.
`----

http://loupgaroublond.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-run-in-with-centos-at-linuxtag.html

Popular Linux Distros That'll Get You A Job

,----[ Quote ]
| On the right, an average job demand was looked up for 2008 & 2009 for each of
| the distribution analyzed. More than 80% of the demand is for RedHat, BSD and
| Suse. (Aside point: The name Mandriva, what was originally Mandrake has not
| caught on. There was not a single position that used the new term. Mandrake
| however was still used and had an average demand of about 10 jobs a month).
| RedHat at 3000, is more than double that of BSD (800), and Suse (550).
| centOs(200), Debian(300), Fedora(225), and Ubunt(175) were the center of the
| pack. Gentoo (60) finished last.
`----

http://www.odinjobs.com/blogs/careers/entry/popular_linux_distros_that_ll

Recent:

LinuxTag 2009: GUIs of the Future with QML

,----[ Quote ]
| In his keynote at the LinuxTag 2009 in Berlin, KDE founder Matthias Ettrich
| spoke about the future of user interfaces on mobile devices. In the process
| he presented QML, the newest development from his employer Qt Software.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/news/linuxtag_2009_guis_of_the_future_with_qml

LinuxTag 2009: Resource Management with OpenVZ

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/news/linuxtag_2009_resource_management_with_openvz