[News] More Calls for People to Abandon Windows for More Modern GNU/Linux

Do the Linux Jig!

,----[ Quote ]
| And I’m just damn tired of Windows already.
|
| Doesn’t that ever happen to you? Not particularly with your operating system
| because you know, that’s geeky as all Hell. But say you always bought from
| the same brand of shoes. They were great, and did everything you asked them
| to do for you. But after so many years, damn! Don’t you wanna try something
| new? See what’s out there?
|
| I’ve been fighting with the want to use Ubuntu for like three years now. Not
| just use Ubuntu, but make it my primary OS of choice. For the last few years
| I’ve fiddled with it, put it on a separate partition, or a virtual machine.
`----

http://happyvenus.net/2009/06/24/do-the-linux-jig/

Should You Switch to Linux in Your Law Firm?

,----[ Quote ]
| These are just a few of the reasons why your law firm may want to make the
| switch to Linux. There are wide variety of distributions to choose from, and
| best of all, they’re FREE! If you don’t feel like diving right in without any
| prior experience, Ubuntu can be downloaded and installed through WUBI. The
| Windows-based Ubuntu Installer (Wubi) allows you to install and uninstall
| Ubuntu from within Microsoft Windows. It lets a Microsoft Windows user try
| Ubuntu without risking any data loss due to disk formatting or partitioning.
`----

http://www.jdhacker.com/2009/06/25/should-you-switch-to-linux-in-your-law-firm/

The Desktop Is Dead. So Is The Server!

,----[ Quote ]
| When anyone mentions blade servers and Big Blue in the same paragraph, it's
| fair to assume that only big enterprises need to pay attention. Dell,
| however, hopes its new "SMB-in-a-box" lineup, which bundles hardware with
| pre-configured open-source software packages, will prove an attractive
| proposition for smaller firms concerned about keeping IT costs to a minimum.
`----

http://www.bmighty.com/blog/main/archives/2009/06/the_desktop_is.html

Recent:

French Lawmakers Hope to Inspire Linux Revolution

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/french-lawmakers-hope-to-inspire-linux-revolution/