Re: [News] [Rival] Google Laughs at 'Live'/MSN with New Skin ("Bling")

  this bit o' wisdom:

> Google mocks Bing and the stuff behind it
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "If we make a minor change to, say, disk storage to get a three per cent gain
>| and we roll that our to the GFS library, suddenly the entire base of
>| applications stored on GFS sees that gain."
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/27/google_mocks_microsoft_online_infrastructure/

   You can take issue with his terminology. But his argument is sound: While
   Microsoft is struggling to separately hone performance for each and every
   application, Google can uniformly juice speed across its entire
   portfolio. The secret to Google's success, Gill said, is not in the
   company's mystery data centers, but in its software infrastructure,
   including GFS, its distributed file system; BigTable, its distributed
   database; and MapReduce, its distributed number-crunching platform.

So why do my uploads to Google interfere with streaming audio?

--
In the first place, God made idiots; this was for practice; then he made
school boards.