Re: [News] Linux Unified Kernel as the Way Forward?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Should Desktop Linux go LUK
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Earlier on this month a project came to the fore the Linux Unified
> | Kernel or LUK for short. This is a Chinese based project (although I
> | sincerely hope that it expands to become a global effort) at putting
> | Wine code into the Linux kernel. The reaction to this has been mostly
> | mixed with horror by many, stating things like ?We should be making
> | vendors support Linux natively? and ?oh no, the security issues!? to
> | other things such as the legal issues.
> `----
>
> http://www.randomreviews.placeboism.com/index.php
aticles/3-should-ubuntu-go-luk

How is this unified? As soon as you put WINE into Linux, you introduce
all the windump security issues into Linux!!!! You'll be wanting
Linux without WINE for the server rooms immediately!!!

Thats not unified at all except for use of the word "unified" as a crass
marketing word.

Personal opinion - thanks for WINE and LINUX as and when needed.
Together, they will suck just like windump OS.
WINE is extremly toxic to install on a Linux machine because it must
immitate so many windummy OS bugs - so lets just keep it separate.