[News] GNU/Linux Gets Gaming Distros, Windows Applications Just to Protect from Windows Zombies

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Gets Gaming Distros, Windows Applications Just to Protect from Windows Zombies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 23:35:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

linuX-gamers 0.9.5 Brings Lots of Games to Linux Users

,----[ Quote ]
| The development team behind the linuX-gamers project proudly announced
| earlier today that version 0.9.5 of their Linux-based Live DVD was now
| available for download. Being packed with a lot of games of various types,
| such as RPG, FPS, RTS, TBS, arcade or puzzle, linuX-gamers 0.9.5 is
| a 'boot-and-play' Linux distribution. This means the linuX-gamers allows
| users to play the titles directly from the Live DVD without having to install
| anything at all on their computers!
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/linuX-gamers-0-9-5-Brings-Lots-of-Games-to-Linux-Users-115201.shtml

Kaspersky launches Linux antivirus

,----[ Quote ]
| Kaspersky has released a beta version of its antivirus software for Linux
| file systems.
|
| Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Linux File Server 6.0 is designed to address
| security issues passing through Linux file servers before infiltrating other
| systems, such as Windows workstations.
`----

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=118137

This is to protect Windows, not Linux.

Recent:

FBI email network down for days after virus attack

,----[ Quote ]