Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 27th of June, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 27th of June, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:00:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 1091 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     364 1470341     1%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       122  109277    66%
   3. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                           121  227829    84%
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         52   91960    18%
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@xxxxxxxx>               52   71374    72%
   6. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        43   58018    31%
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    42   23004    65%
   8. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      38   50002    78%
   9. Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          27   32130    59%
  10. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>               24   26803    63%
  11. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       18   16563    71%
  12. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                  16   13657    62%
  13. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                   15   12420    12%
  14. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   14   63828    14%
  15. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          11    6389    57%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          11   19776    72%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           11   17074    58%
  18. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               10    2169    46%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          10   11144    73%
  20. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                9   49942     8%
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                        9    6489    51%
      GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                       9   35911    86%
  23. Sven Svensson <ss@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     8    8419    81%
  24. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>            7    8413    30%
  25. Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       6   16340    47%
  26. Fa-groon <fa-groon@xxxxxxx>                        5    9737    87%
  27. Tony Manco <trmanco@xxxxxx>                        3    3823    85%
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                        3    4109    77%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               3    1723    66%
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      3    1576    34%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. [News] Visual/Audio Improvements Coming to Linux K       52   70950
   2. If Linux advocates are "Freetards", then please ex       50  115977
   3. [News] Mono Reported as a "Bug" in GNU/Linux             46   63503
   4. [News] [Rival] ODF Gains the Upper Hand Despite Mi       34   60359
   5. ARM going dual core for netbooks and smartbooks          28   38752
      Obama taps IBM open source advocate for USPTO            28   28958
   7. Red Hat rakes in big bucks                               25   20962
      Glimpse at OpenOffice.org in Education                   25   19719
   9. [News] [Rival] Mono Can't Handle the Facts and Mic       23   33440
  10. Microsoft Admits "Embracing and Extending" (Comes        22   76726
  11. Is Ubuntu Linux better than Windows Vista?               18    9437
      The official word on desktop computers                   18   17753
  13. T-Mobile announces second Google phone                   16   13706
  14. Why the iPhone really, really sucks                      14   27246
      British Gov't Response to Open Source Petition           14   12391
      EU Netbook windummy OS preload refund                    14   28897
  17. [News] Why You Should Care About GNU/Linux               13   18122
  18. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Office Gone Far Too Bloat       12   13957
      Poor trolls...                                           12    7364
  20. Good value                                               11   14826
  21. For those who still claim Microsoft doesn't have a       10   10809
      Windows is good enough? Well so is Linux!                10   21355
      Fair Use-hostile Associated Press Shows Its Hypocr       10   19770
  24. [News] Fedora 12 Out in December (Without Mono)           9   16470
      Two clues Microsoft is losing its way                     9   11338
      FTC Takes on the Microsoft Criminals That Troll CO        9    7958
  27. MAFIAA Cracks Down on Music Being Played in Public        8   12961
      Filing a complaint with the EU                            8    5138
      Linux newbie: goodbye Windows!                            8    3833
      How Linux news disappears                                 8    9662
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       53
   2. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     41
   3. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           28
   4. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        26
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   20
   6. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      17
   7. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@xxxxxxxx>                              16
   8. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     14
   9. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                  13
  10. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          9
  11. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                  8
      wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                               8
  13. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          7
  14. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               6
  15. Sven Svensson <ss@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    5
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       5
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           5
  18. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        4
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               4
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           4
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              4
  22. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              3
      Bob Hauck <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              3
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          3
  26. Tony Manco <trmanco@xxxxxx>                                       2
      EFT <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                   2
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          2
      GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                      2
      Holland Numerics Ltd <google@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 2
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    155
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        77
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       77
   4. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           76
   5. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       75
   6. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          74
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              74
   8. nessuno <nessuno7491@xxxxxxxxx>                                  72
   9. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          68
  10. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@xxxxxxxx>                              66
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         66
  12. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   64
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              64
      Nigel Feltham <nigel.feltham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     64
  15. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                              63
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                      63
  17. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          62
  18. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 61
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     61
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         61
  21. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         59
  22. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         57
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      57
  24. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                     55
      Sven Svensson <ss@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                   55
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           471
   2. slrn                                                            211
   3. Pan                                                             145
   4. Thunderbird                                                      80
   5. G2/1.0                                                           52
      Gnus                                                             52
   7. Forte Agent                                                      42
   8. tin                                                              11
   9. XPN                                                               9
  10. Mozilla                                                           8
  11. Microhard Lookout                                                 6
  12. Hogwasher/4.3                                                     5
  13. 40tude_Dialog                                                     3
  14. MT-NewsWatcher                                                    1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 09:00:32 up 29 days, 12:58,  4 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.11, 0.04